It was time for some comfort reading.
When I need comforting, I turn to some old favorites that never fail to soothe me:
- Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion
- Georgette Heyer's Regency and Georgian novels, especially Venetia, Devil's Cub, Regency Buck, Lady of Quality, The Unknown Ajax, Bath Tangle
- Loretta Chase's The Lord of Scoundrels
- Laura Kinsale's Flowers from the Storm
- Diana Gabaldon's Outlander
On a happy ending note for my melancholy, two families of my out-of-town cousins turned up on surprise visits in the week between Christmas and New Year. I was very happy indeed to see them.
What are some of your comfort reads?