Saturday, October 27, 2007

Two for the Price of One


Gasp! It's been a while since I last posted. I hope all of you in blogland haven't given up on me. I won't offer excuses for my silence. Suffice it to say, I'm back.


Why not celebrate my return online with something funny? Check out this hilarious review of The Twilight Lord, a Bertrice Small book, from RipMyBodice.com: 2 for the price of 1. Hint: The heroine has two lovers. One of the lovers has two, er...appendages...and, well, read the review to find out the shocking story!


My reaction? Eeewww.


I admit to having read several Bertrice Small books years ago. Her characters' sexual escapades are, well, not in tune with my fantasies, so I stopped reading her. She's still a bestselling romance author, however, and I'm sure her bank account hasn't noticed that I'm no longer buying her books.

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

This is more than hilarious, in part for reasons that I can't go into online.

Shauna Roberts said...

Well, shoot! I actually bought book 1 of this series because it had a pretty and perfectly innocent-looking picture of a woman and a horse on the front. I just checked the back cover--sounds like a standard paranormal romance, with no mention of men with, shall we say, nonstandard equipment.

Shauna Roberts said...

Yes, I admit, I buy books because of the cover pictures.

Bernita said...

Well, that puts a new meaning on the euphemism "tail."

Sphinx Ink said...

Charles, I'll be expecting to hear those reasons at our meeting tonight!

Shauna, I too have often bought books by the cover, aided by a cursory glance at the back cover blurb and the first page of the text. I don't have time to stand in the bookstore (or hang online) reading a substantial portion before deciding to buy. At least for mass-market paperbacks, I just take a chance my money won't be wasted....

Bermita, thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you were entertained by the review!

Lisa said...

Manroot - hahahahahahahaha!!! OK, you were gone a while and this is exactly why I kept checking back. Ha! All this time I've had the wrong idea about romance novels apparently. Two, count 'em!! Ha, this is hysterical!

Kate S said...

Oh. My. God.

That was the funniest thing I've read in a while - thanks for sharing!